Irondale DUI Defense Lawyer
Located northeast of Homewood and Mountain Brook, the city of Irondale, Alabama has a population of about 10,000. The book and movie “Fried Green Tomatoes” was written by native Fannie Flagg and is loosely based on the town.
Alabama DUI – Breathalyzer
- Applied consent means if you refuse the breath test your driver's license will be suspended (it will be suspended anyway if you are convicted and by refusing you are denying the state a key piece of evidence to use against you in court).
- Breathalyzer do not use a blood sample and therefore cannot measure blood-alcohol levels. They are an estimate.
- Calibration must be properly performed to make sure the machine is functioning properly.
- False positives can be caused by a number of issues – including belching or burping.
- Inadequate training of officers or insufficient or improper machine maintenance is also a frequent issue.
Irondale Drunk Driving Defense Attorney Steven Eversole remains committed to fighting for the rights of motorists who have been charged with DUI in Irondale and the surrounding area. More than 40 people a day are charged with drunk driving in Alabama, according to the Alabama Criminal Justice Information Center – or some 14,000 motorists each year.
Despite a significant reduction in the number of serious and fatal drunk driving crashes over the last two decades, law enforcement, lawmakers and politicians continue to put an outsized focus on stopping and arresting motorists accused of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
The result is an increasing number of questionable or unfair arrests. A DUI conviction can result in job loss, suspension of your driver's license, jail time, fines and court costs, and mandatory installation of ignition interlock devices in your vehicle. Total monetary penalties for a convicted offender, including years of increased insurance premiums, can approach $20,000.
And those who find themselves facing a second offense in 5 years are looking at the significant threat of jail time and lengthy driver's license suspensions. There is no better way to get popped for drunk driving than to be driving around with a conviction on your record – just ask the estimated 50,000 Alabama motorists who have three or more drunk driving conviction on their record. Not one of them thought they were going to be busted again until they were convicted and found out how easy it is to get pulled over by an officer fishing for an arrest.
As an Irondale drunk driving defense lawyer, Steven Eversole will thoroughly review the facts and circumstances of your case and discuss with you the best course of action. In many cases, the probable cause for the traffic stop can be challenged. In other cases, the results of breathalyzer or field sobriety tests can be questioned. Many cases can be beaten. Many more can be reduced. But it's up to you to make your best defense an aggressive offense.
If you are facing DUI charges in Irondale, contact Eversole Law LLC today for a confidential consultation to discuss your rights.
Irondale DUI Defense Attorney – 866-834-5292 --- Confidential Consultation