Moody DUI Defense Lawyer
Located in St. Clair County, Moody, Alabama has a population of about 10,000 residents.
Moody Drunk Driving Defense Attorney Steven Eversole and Eversole Law LLC are dedicated to fighting for the rights of drivers who are facing DUI charges in Moody or the surrounding area. Nearly 40 people a day face charges of drunk driving in Alabama, according to the Alabama Criminal Justice Information Center.
DUI in Moody, Alabama
- You have just 10 days to request a license hearing through the Alabama Department of Public Safety.
- After arrest, you will be asked to submit to a breath test, blood test or urine test.
- The first court appearance is arraignment. You will go before a judge and typically plead not guilty.
- The preliminary hearing is held in felony cases, at which time a judge will decide if there is enough evidence for you to face the charges.
- Pretrial hearings and conferences permit the defense attorney and prosecutor to discuss the evidence, work out possible plea agreements and resolve scheduling conflicts and other issues should a trial be required.
- Pretrial motions may be filed by your attorney to suppress evidence in preparation for trial.
And, with each passing year, it seems the penalties for conviction grow more severe; in 2011, lawmakers increased the maximum penalty for a first-offense drunk driving charge from 90 days to 1 year in prison and made ignition interlock devices mandatory for some offenders.
By some estimates, the cost of a conviction can run as high as $20,000 and will leave you open to the serious threat of jail time and lengthy driver's license suspensions in the event of a second or subsequent offense. And if you don't think having a conviction on your record is a real good way to get popped again – go ask the more than 50,000 Alabama residents who had 3 or more drunk driving convictions in 2010.
Frequently, a Moody DUI defense attorney can succeed in having the charges dropped or reduced. This is particularly true with a first-time offense. Unfortunately, those unfamiliar with the criminal justice system often quickly plead guilty to a first-offense, thinking it the best way to quickly put the issue behind them.
We believe that's a mistake. We understand the stress and embarrassment of arrest and we know about the financial strain a drunk driving charge can put on personal and family finances. Still, we know the best defense to DUI charges in Moody is an aggressive offense.
If you have been charged with drunk driving in St. Clair County or anywhere in the greater Birmingham metro area, contact Eversole Law LLC today for a confidential consultation to discuss your rights.
Moody DUI Defense Attorney – 866-834-5292 --- Confidential Consultation